- Politicians Agree: California Pot Costs Way Too Much
- Syrian Rebels Are Now Fighting in Libya, for Turkey
- ‘It’s Gotta Be Bernie’: Democracy, Mass Politics and Our Next Organizer-in-Chief
- Daniel Ortega Recruits the Head of Donald Trump’s Bible Study
- Mike Gravel and His Teens to Endorse Bernie, Snub Tulsi Gabbard, After Appeal From Sanders Camp
- Elite Impunity Matters: Bob Mueller, Valerie Plame and the Left
- Who Is Charles Redvers? How a Fake Man Got His Start
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me
Category Archives: Guantanamo Bay
US President Barack Obama today condemned the Guantanamo Bay prison camp run by US President Barack Obama, channeling the moral outrage last heard on the 2008 campaign trail. “The idea that we would still detain forever a group of individuals … Continue reading
First I was like: But then a federal judge appointed by Barack Obama ruled that under the NDAA, “it is certainly the case that if plaintiffs were detained as a result of their conduct, they could be detained until the … Continue reading
My report for Inter Press Service on the 10th anniversary of the opening of Guantanamo Bay.
Check out more pictures here from the rally marking the 10th Anniversary of the opening of the prison at Guantanamo Bay.
From a story claiming the U.S. “came out ahead” with respect to that Iranian nuclear scientist who alleges he was abducted by the CIA: A U.S. official, who is not authorized to talk to the media about such issues, told … Continue reading
In a formal “Statement of Administration Policy” released today, President Obama lays out a number of objections to H.R. 5136, the defense authorization bill passed by the House Armed Services Committee last week, even threatening to veto the legislation if Congress … Continue reading
A week ago I published a satirical article on this blog, “EXCLUSIVE: Obama orders air strikes on Guantanamo Bay,” intended to highlight the absurdity of people (I’m looking at you establishment liberals) condemning the Gitmo military prison and the government’s … Continue reading