Every year in Los Angeles County, thousands of people are released from jail without any way to prove who they are, which makes it that much harder to find a job and a place to live — to stay out of jail, in other words. In my latest for VICE, I report on an effort to change that.
- Who Is Charles Redvers? How a Fake Man Got His Start
- Julian Assange Reveals: Holocaust Denier Is a Trusted ‘Friend’
- Despite the Violence, Trump Keeps on Deporting Nicaraguans
- Woodward’s Book Should Kill the Myth of a Pro-War Coup Against an Antiwar President
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
- On Veterans Day, Remembering the War Profiteers of WWI
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me