Over at AlterNet (chuckle), Medea Benjamin and I note that the so-called “Super Committee” tasked with slashing federal spending — including, we’re told, spending on empire — is composed of Congress’ most reliable defenders of the military-industrial complex. The committee co-chair, Washington Democrat Patty Murray, is even openly campaigning for another term, not on the basis her long career of service on behalf the public (another chuckle — no, belly laugh), but on behalf of Boeing.
- Julian Assange Reveals: Holocaust Denier Is a Trusted ‘Friend’
- Despite the Violence, Trump Keeps on Deporting Nicaraguans
- Woodward’s Book Should Kill the Myth of a Pro-War Coup Against an Antiwar President
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
- On Veterans Day, Remembering the War Profiteers of WWI
- The truth isn’t useful
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me