Unemployed

Yup, like the title says — just got the “it’s not you, it’s us” talk. See my résumé here and circulate it far and wide. Also: Send money. And beer.

Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Advertisements

About Charles Davis

A writer and producer with whose work has aired on television and radio and been published by outlets such as Al Jazeera, The Intercept, The Nation and The New Republic.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Unemployed

1. Jack Crow says:

That's a bummer, Charles.

2. Anonymous says:

Welcome to the club, brother.

3. Charles, sorry to hear it.My brother is working for Booz Allen right now, on-site at Ft Meade. If you have any interest in serving that whorehouse, drop me a comment at my blog.

4. Mr. Oxtrot,You have a very twisted sense of humor.

5. adspar says:

sorry man. good luck bouncing back.

6. BDR says:

Can't send you money but I could buy you a beer or two and a ticket to come STAND with us at a DCU game. Email me.

7. I have no doubt you'll be scooped up by some savvy employer or other. Your scribblings are a joy to read. I, for one, would pay to read you.And a beer offer also extended if you're ever in Manhattan.

8. jeffbbz says:

You got the ax from change? The hell were they thinking?

9. "You got the ax from change? The hell were they thinking?"Petitions! Petitions! Petitions! And then selling the personal information of those who sign them to groups like the DNC. For reals.

10. Anonymous says:

Petitions! Petitions! Petitions! And then selling the personal information of those who sign them to groups like the DNC. For reals.Ahh, yes. Change you can believe in.

11. tinam462 says:

Well you lasted one year longer than I did, still haven't found work. It is F'ing depressing out there. Take care and good luck on your journey.

12. ms_xeno says:

If you can figure out how to brew your own beer from Unemployment Rejection notices, I may be able to set you up. Otherwise… [shakes head]Sorry. 😦

13. If you can figure out how to brew your own beer from Unemployment Rejection notices, I may be able to set you up.Using them to make beer? No. Rolling papers? Maybe.

14. Claudia says:

Change is evidently- the bland leading the blind, eyes wide open clearly made them uncomfortable. You're a great writer with insight to spare. Hang in there!