1,000 words

Against my better judgment — my what? — I’m posting this picture sent in by a loyal reader (*cough* my Dad) as a follow up to my piece on Ronald Reagan and his stupid face.

Embarrassingly enough, I am in this picture both 1) trying to look cool and 2) hating life with every ounce of my being. Of historical note: immediately after it was taken I decided I would dedicate the tattered remnants of what was left of my life to destroying America and the capitalist system.

Advertisements

About Charles Davis

A writer and producer with whose work has aired on television and radio and been published by outlets such as Al Jazeera, The Intercept, The Nation and The New Republic.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 1,000 words

1. drip says:

You look very cool. Nice day, cute girls, ready to smash capitalism. Very cool.

2. Anonymous says:

Same kid who, 3 or so years prior, got an out of school suspension for point at someone…yep, dissent in the making.

3. It was an in-school suspension, Anonymous. I was put in a fucking closet. Get your facts straight.

4. Addendum: If Anonymous is one of my parents, well… I'm still trying to figure out a way to block your IP address.

5. fwoan says:

I've never seen a picture of you in my life and I know exactly which one is you already.

6. Anonymous says:

Oh PA…it doesn't get more white bread than this. There's even one token minority (an asian girl probably adopted from some far-off place by white parents)

7. Anonymous says:

An In-school you say? I remember that closet well; funny how the in-school is considered the lesser punishment, the choices being a dusty closet vs complete freedom from academia for several days.

8. laudyms says:

We are all the captive agents of our parents- until we aren't! I'm probably older than your parents but I still remember the sweetness of escape and autonomy. Never forget!