Sometimes life just isn’t fair, John Michael Farren must be thinking. A 57 year old former deputy White House counsel under President George W. Bush, Farren is sitting in jail now after allegedly attacking his wife after she served him with divorce papers, “arraigned on charges of strangulation and attempted murder and ordered held on $2 million bail.” His former boss, on the other hand, a war criminal who not only attempted to but succeeded in killing of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan — what happens to him? Dude gets a library and a long lifetime of triple digit speaking fees, assuming he makes it through the next bag of pretzels. Ain’t that a bitch.
- Elite Impunity Matters: Bob Mueller, Valerie Plame and the Left
- Who Is Charles Redvers? How a Fake Man Got His Start
- Julian Assange Reveals: Holocaust Denier Is a Trusted ‘Friend’
- Despite the Violence, Trump Keeps on Deporting Nicaraguans
- Woodward’s Book Should Kill the Myth of a Pro-War Coup Against an Antiwar President
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me