Outside of the U.S. Capitol, hundreds of people rallied for the restoration of the right of habeas corpus, which was stripped for prisoners at Guantanamo Bay last year in the Military Commissions Act. The event was sponsored by the American Civil Liberties Union and the American Conservative Union. In this piece for WSHU in Fairfield, Connecticut, I report what Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) had to say at the rally.
- Elite Impunity Matters: Bob Mueller, Valerie Plame and the Left
- Who Is Charles Redvers? How a Fake Man Got His Start
- Julian Assange Reveals: Holocaust Denier Is a Trusted ‘Friend’
- Despite the Violence, Trump Keeps on Deporting Nicaraguans
- Woodward’s Book Should Kill the Myth of a Pro-War Coup Against an Antiwar President
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me