Outside of the U.S. Capitol, hundreds of people rallied for the restoration of the right of habeas corpus, which was stripped for prisoners at Guantanamo Bay last year in the Military Commissions Act. The event was sponsored by the American Civil Liberties Union and the American Conservative Union. In this piece for WSHU in Fairfield, Connecticut, I report what Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) had to say at the rally.
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
- On Veterans Day, Remembering the War Profiteers of WWI
- The truth isn’t useful
- Trump’s new war plan is an awful lot like the old one
- Protesting Deportations and Trump and Downtown LA
- Donald Trump’s Militarism in 400 Words
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me