Should the U.S. lift the current travel and trade restrictions against Cuba? That was the focus of this feature I did for Alabama Public Radio. If the trade embargo against Cuba was lifted, Alabama agriculture would benefit greatly thanks to its close proximity to the island nation. But while the state legislature in Alabama has called on Congress to lift the embargo, the state’s lawmakers in Washington are opposing any changes in the status quo.
- Julian Assange Reveals: Holocaust Denier Is a Trusted ‘Friend’
- Despite the Violence, Trump Keeps on Deporting Nicaraguans
- Woodward’s Book Should Kill the Myth of a Pro-War Coup Against an Antiwar President
- ‘Kill All Citations?’ Many More Examples of Angela Nagle Lifting From Others
- Disagreeing on the Internet: The New McCarthyism?
- On Veterans Day, Remembering the War Profiteers of WWI
- The truth isn’t useful
b-psycho on Was the Cold War good for the… Mark Bond on From the killing fields to a p… mrwhite on When it’s wrong to keep… nwwoodsGM on When it’s wrong to keep… Rob on The week in me